Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Stuff

Mia is growing so fast. It's interesting to watch the phases that she goes through. When she was first born, she was so very cuddly, and liked to sleep on my chest, facing inward with her head right over my heart. Then at one month, she liked sleeping by me, but on her side. A few weeks ago, she started enjoying sleeping on her back more...still with me, but with some space. That was combined with sleeping in the swing on and off through the night. Now, she can sleep fully by herself in her own room in her crib.

Her sleeping habits reflect how she likes to be held, too. She as she was so cuddly to sleep with in the beginning, she liked to face inward and cling to mom when being held. Now, not so much. She loves seeing everything that I see, and studying everything I do. She's very attentive. I love it. She's fascinated with the hair dryer. She could be extremely fussy when I have to put her down to get ready, but all I have to do is sit her in her car seat next to me and start drying my hair, and viola! No more fuss!! She has the same reaction to this Chopin piece that plays as a demo song on our electric piano. That's Josh's go-to when nothing will calm Mia down, and she doesn't need to be fed, and I have chores to catch up on. Works like a charm every time.

Mia's also getting very strong. She can hold her head up like a pro. And she likes to sit up instead of lay down. And she really likes being on her feet. I think she'll start to walk before crawling. We'll see. Josh and I felt it was time to purchase the Bumbo chair to help her strengthen her already stellar sitting skills. She likes it, but only for about fifteen minutes at a time. Little steps. She's so fun!

Here are some pics.

One of the few times that Mia will just sit with Dad, which was nice for him b/c he was pretty tired. It was too cute that I just had to capture it. Who knows when that'll happen again?

Mia's new "friend" Dotti. Josh's sister gave that to us when I was pregnant, and it's become one of Mia's fascinations.

As I was photograhing this, she kept grabbing at Dotti's ear and looking at it as if she were thinking, "Hey! What is this?!"

No comments: