Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Strange Deja Vu

I was one of those women who wasn't terribly ill when I was pregnant last year. There weren't too many smells or foods that made me nauseous. However, this one sound got me sick to my stomach every time I heard it, and that was the sound of the band called the Ting Tings. They're this British pop-rock band whose album a bought just before I got pregnant, and all throughout my pregnancy whenever I heard a song of theirs, I felt like yacking. Their was even a Fructis shampoo commercial on television that I couldn't watch b/c they were singing in the background. I don't know what it was about their sound that made me feel sick. It's not like I didn't like them otherwise, but I just couldn't stomach them. Well, Mia's 7 1/2 months old now. Today, as I was doing some house cleaning, I wanted to listen to some upbeat music to keep me focused, and I chose the Ting Tings b/c I missed them. Sadly, all those yucky feelings came flooding back. I couldn't get through three songs before switching to Keith Urban. Has this ever happened to anyone else, a sound making you feel sick, and then re-experiencing those same feelings a long time later? Maybe I'm just crazy!! Anyways, thanks to Keith, I'm feeling much better.

1 comment:

Shalee said...

So sad! I bought that album as well, great minds think alike, except for the sad sick feeling:(