Saturday, August 2, 2008

More Redwoods Pix

Here are more pictures from our Redwoods trip. I must note, though, that the eye is the best camera, so I recommend going up there sometime to experience Mother Nature at her best.



This is at the beginning of our trek...when I was the most cheery. Neither one of us paid much attention to the signs along the trail b/c we were so caught up in the scenery. We ended up taking the Nature Trail, coming back, and starting over at the Miner's Ridge Trail, taking that to the beach, and coming back on James Irvine Trail. I just did the math, and that's 11.3 miles! Here's what we saw on the hike.
I'm so small!

So green and Secret Garden-like!

Josh caught between a stump and a hard place!

Our reward...the beach!

As you can see, absolutely no one was there.

On our way back to the hotel, we saw some elk on the side of the road. Beautiful!

They were shy and didn't want to face us, so here is a spectacular shot of elk bum!

Like I said, Mother Nature at her best!

2 comments:

Gowdies said...

Looks like you had so much fun!!! Happy belated anniversary.

Tierra Lowry said...

Awesome pictures. What a great time that was. I would love to go there. I think the last time I was there was with a bunch of 6th graders. Not quite the same.