Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Heavens are showering upon Us

The Perseid meteor shower is going on right now, and it supposedly peaks tonight through tomorrow morning. I guess there could be up to 60-70 meteors an hour traveling through our sky. We live in a community that's a little further away from the city lights, and we can usually get a good view of the stars, so hopefully, we'll be able to see a few of those meteors. I definitely can't stay up as late as I used to (the whole having a baby thing...and getting old), but Mia still wakes up in the middle of the night, so maybe I can sneak out at one of those times to catch a glimpse!

1 comment:

Eric and Jill said...

Hmm...I think I'll have to try that too. Crazy though isn't it that once you're married you think you go to bed early, then add a kid on top of it...yeah. We invested in great black-out curtains!